Monday, May 26, 2008

China Model Productions CMP Ventus 2600mm sailplane


You bet. Quality is beyond, way beyond, expectations. This is a $600 European glass slipper sailplane selling for only $139.

I have her mostly done. I used digital minis all around, but then when I got to the last few, I realized it was dumb to throw an expensive digital servo at the rudder, spoiler, retract, and tow release controls, so I stopped final assembly until I can get some cheaper servos ordered.
The retract mechanism and gear doors are spectacular.
Glasswork and paint are spectacular, with factory applied and clearcoated decals.
Excellent instructions, and a ton of neat hardware and thoughtful touches.
CMP has outdone themselves on this one, this is kind of like "the Chinese have really ARRIVED", you know?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Eldon and I am interested in the Ventus sailplane that you have listed for sale. I can be reached by telephone at 425-820-0241. Even if you have already sold the plane can you please contact me with information about where I may find another? Much appreciated. My email is eldonre@gmail.com

Regards,
Eldon

flyboytha1 said...

Do You Think This Method That I've Come Up With Will Work? What I've Done Is Cut (2) Rails Out That Are 12 Inches Long To Replace The Standand 7 Inch Long CG Balancer Rails, The F-86 Calls For A 11.2 CG Will My CG Balancer Still Work As It Should If I Was Blancning Any Other Planes From 2 Inches To 6 Inches Behind The Lead Edge. Here's Pictures Of What I've Made. Please Give Your Input. Picture Can Be Seen At Rc Groups F-86 Sabre-140 - More Info Needed